Kossak

gmail filters + InoReader Mail2Tag

Is anyone using gmail filters for forwarding mails to InoReader tags?

Somehow it doesn't work for me. When i manually send mail to InoReader tag it works perfectly and fast, but i have 7 filters forwarding my mail to InoReader and they just don't work. I'm not sure if gmail is not forwarding mail (most probable i guess) or they don't reach InoReader or InoReader doesn't show them.

For every filter i have two actions (apply label and forward mail to Mail2Tag) and the label is always applied but the mail is not shown in InoReader (maybe not sent?).

What's your experience with gmail forwarding to InoReader?

The problem is that Gmail doesn't alter the email headers in any way. The To field points to the original Gmail address, so there's no way for us to identify the for which tag is this email. I can't find the tag email address anywhere. For now I don't think you can use Gmail forwarding because of this issue...

But you do receive the forwarded emails, so even if the headers are wrong, you should know which InoReader account (incoming-XXXXXXXX-YYYYYYYYY) received the mail (without looking at headers), right?

-- EDIT --

I just tested email forwarding (from one gmail account to another, using rules, not manual forwarding) and the field "X-Forwarded-To" in the header had my "forward-to" email properly displayed.

I don't remember seeing such header in the received emails from Gmail. If it was there we would have seen it. We are now thinking about an alternative solution. We'll post progress here.