Chimel

French localization

Well I don't have large ears but you can call me Dumbo nevertheless.

Now that I dogfood French Firefox, the bug has disappeared indeed. ;)

I didn't even notice I was using English, probably downloaded and installed the wrong version at some stage, but it all looks only too natural to me. 7 months in France, and I am still watching English movies and TV shows...

Dang it, the Pootle upgrade did not go smoothly, it reset dozens of the automatic Pootle translation checks, I had to unflag them all again...  ;(

The "Double Quote" check reported a couple of apparently correct translations for French. No big deal, I'll keep an eye on it.

There's also an "Unknown error" message popping up at the bottom of the screen for every resource edited, not sure what it is about.

When I fixed the check flags, I saw the resource below. It's probably an old one and I probably reported it already:

Couldn\\'t connected with
/var/www/beta_inoreader_com/android_assets/localizable_strings.php:290
Should be either "Couldn\\'t connect with" or "Couldn\\'t be connected with". And ideally fix the bad code that does not support imbricated single quotes because there are problably several other strings in the same category that don't have visible quote clues in English but would break once localized, as localizers have no way to know which ones require escaped quotes or the curly quote advanced character.

When I fixed the check flags, I saw the resource below. It's probably an old and I probably reported it already:

Couldn\\'t connected with

/var/www/beta_inoreader_com/android_assets/localizable_strings.php:290

Should be either "Couldn\\'t connect with" or "Couldn\\'t be connected with". And ideally fix the bad code that does not support imbricated single quotes because there are problably several other strings in the same category that don't have visible quote clues in English but would break once localized, as localizers have no way to know which ones require escaped quotes or the curly quote advanced character.

Vietnamese translation has the same problem

Yes, sorry about the checks. 

There was an additional tuning for the translation checks in the old configuration. We saw it on Friday and already fix it but some strings were already marked.

Couldn\\'t connected with will be changed too. 

Hello everyone,

For information, the French translation of Inoreader is done (only visible in the Beta version at this time - August 27, 2018).

I started to proofread the old translations to check the mistakes of the spelling, the grammar, the context (it's important), etc., so that everything to be coherent and correct.
If you see some errors in the translation do not hesitate to send your suggest at https://translate.inoreader.com/fr/inoreader/translate/messages.po or in this topic (I follow it).

I tested the French translation in PC, Iphone, Android (quickly because not my device), as well as mobile version ¯\(ツ)/¯

========== En français ============

Boujour à tous,

Pour information, la traduction française d'Inoreader est complète (seulement visible dans la version Beta pour le moment - 27 août 2018).

J'ai commencé à relire les anciennes traductions pour vérifier les fautes d'orthographe, la grammaire, le contexte (c'est important), etc. afin que tout soit cohérent et correct.
Si vous voyez des erreurs dans la traduction, n'hésitez pas à envoyer vos suggestions à https://translate.inoreader.com/fr/inoreader/translate/messages.po ou dans ce sujet (je le suis).

J'ai testé la traduction française sur PC, Iphone, Android (rapidement car ce n'était pas mon appareil), ainsi que la version mobile ¯\(ツ)/¯

Attention to developpers:
1/ It seems that the rss feed https://translate.inoreader.com/projects/inoreader/notices/rss.xml is no longer working.
2/ When will the new translated words will be pushed into the prod server www.inoreader.com (the normal version, not beta version) ?

Thank you,

Manxtra

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your hard work catching up with the French translation! We really appreciate it!

I already responded about that personally on your email but will do that here too. 

19 hours ago, Manxtra said:

Attention to developpers:
1/ It seems that the rss feed https://translate.inoreader.com/projects/inoreader/notices/rss.xml is no longer working.
2/ When will the new translated words will be pushed into the prod server www.inoreader.com (the normal version, not beta version) ?

1/ Unfortunately the pootle system does not support RSS exports anymore (I hope is temporary) and already removed the link from the description in our translation page. 

2/ In general, we are uploading translated strings to prod manually after some time. We thing that this time is valuable for translators to check the UI in their language in beta before the actual update to prod. But of course we can update them upon translator request. So if you are sure that everything with the translation is fine, just let us know in order to update them to prod.  

Hello,

For the 1st point > it's a pity! :(

For the 2nd point > Ok, Thank you... Since there were still many words to translate (1200-1400), and now it is complete. I suggest to upload the translated strings into the prod server now. I (and other French Guys ;)) check the previous translated strings. Then, in 3-4 weeks, you upload the final version (I'll let you know).

Is it possible ?