Chimel

French localization

Yep, I checked the template yesterday, that's why I was asking before starting any work. Maybe you should integrate the returned templates into the source code, and share access to it via GIT so there is no risk of doing the same work twice.

You could also integrate the project into Launchpad for localization. See for instance what Miro looks like: https://translations.launchpad.net/demo ... racyplayer

Nice list of the status for each language, and if you have a Launchpad account, you can translate the new and updated resources straight from the web site, no need to check out and in the whole PO files when there's just a few strings to localize.

Everybody working on localization should also update their status in this forum, maybe create one thread per language for the latest status, or it won't encourage localization volunteers...

French translation complete, validated and updated to the latest template, see attachment.

I also reviewed the previous translations according to the UI context and fixed some typos.

I'll check how the translations fit. Some feedback already: The Search box in the tree pane has truncated text, maybe it should be moved to the toolbar or the size should be increased, but that would make the whole tree pane larger than necessary in some cases. The width of the context menus in the tree pane should also be increased or even better, auto resize. Maybe add documented localizable resources that contain the width for these items, so it can be localized too.

Yordan, would it be possible to have a drop place for the HTML export files?

With links to these files from your first localization post?

It provides a nice view of the whole glossary, great for look-ups and cross-language verifications.

It sometimes help to see how one particular expression is localized in another language.

InoReader.zip

The translation is updated. I'm re-reading again your post to understand it... I think I need a little sleep

OK I got it. The widths of elements should not concern the translator, unless it's a very edge case... I will try to make the elements resize automatically (most are already).

The truncated text in the search box... This is just a placeholder and is not very important part of the GUI. Yes it looks a bit ugly but... I will think of something there also. About the HTML files, I really don't have time to maintain such think. Do you have any idea for an external service?

Cyberlockers usually don't allow direct access to HTML files, I tried on Google Drive before, it converts the HTML in plain text, so all you see is the ugly HTML code and content, not the actual formatted glossary. If I had a web site, I would have posted it there. I can create one for you (maybe on the free Google Sites) and grant you and other localizers access to drop their own localized files there, with permissions for their own language folder. Might be more convenient for PO file exchange too instead of bugging down the InoReader site. Or we can use the InoReader site, if you grant me permission on a "loc" folder so I can create the language tree and permissions there. Whatever you want. Note that on free services such as Google, they kind of own all your content, so a loc.inoreader.com or inoreader.com/loc folder would probably be safer.

Possible structure:

loc (contains web page with links to all latest language status)

loc/admin (permissions to you only and a backup, contains list of localizers per language and other private files)

loc/fr-fr (permissions to localizers of this language only, contains latest PO and HTML file, and history of previous ones)

loc/pt-br

loc/pt-pt

Each language folder:

loc/fr-fr/latest (folder contains latest loc files, for a direct link to the messages.po.html file)

loc/fr-fr/2013-05-29 (folder contains archived loc files after an update is performed)

Oh, and I see my localizability issues report may look a bit harsh, What's This? Do That! etc. That's definitely not the intent, I just want to be productive and bring the issues to your attention as soon as I find them, I just don't always have the time to write it down all nicely, but I hope you interpret them all nicely! ;) And again, sorry for bringing up so many, but I guarantee that sharing them (and fixing them) will avoid many more questions taking up your time in the future.

I've uploaded you new translation. P.S. the POT file wasn't updated in a while. I think that might answer some of your questions.

I will need a lot of coffee to assimilate all the posts that you've made while I was sleeping :shock:

Fixed a few bugs, localized and validated to the latest template (32 new resources).

Please make at least all new resources fully localizable (no concatenation, reorderable placeholders and punctuation).

This one exhibits all three localizability issues previously reported:

This is the beta channel of

login.php:20 line 76

should be:

This is the beta channel of %s.

(And personally I would have said "Welcome" instead of "Warning" to the new beta channel users ;)

InoReader.zip

Haha, yeah thought so, almost added "in the future" in my comment...

I can see the new translations, thanks.

"0 unread articles" in the toolbar is still in English, and the Preferences|Subscriptions dialog still has English "Filter:", "Search..." and "Folder:" on top, and the "close" tooltip on the X top right square.

Edit: Note that "unread articles" shows in English regardless if it's 0, 1 or 2 articles.

For JS localization I suggest using an invisible form field, or a div, and you put there the localized text, and then later you just get it by the ID of the item.

Yep, that will do, or rebuild a table of constants every time you integrate a localized PO file into InoReader.

Don't forget there should be 3 different localizable strings for 0, 1 and 2+ unread articles.

French translations updated from latest template, 14 new strings (including 7 recycled), 7 deleted.

Jacket/wzol: I didn't see the error message that appears when you try to add InoReader as a Firefox feed reader and it's already installed.

Localizers: "Also they can vary during the day": "they" refers to "Update intervals are automatically assigned based on the number of weekly posts"

InoReader.zip