Jacket

How to user InoReader on News+ for Android

News+ is an application from the developer of gReader (Link | Link). It is basically a clone of the original app with all its goodness and with the addition of a extension system, allowing it to be used with multiple services.

If you want to use it with InoReader, here's what you have to do:

• Download the latest APK files from here - https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus/tree/master/apk. You need NewsPlus_beta.apk and InoReaderExtension_beta.apk.
  • Install both APKs on your Android phone.
  • Start News+ and from the list of news providers choose InoReader.
  • You will see a dialog to username and password. Enter your username and password. don't enter your Google account username and password. Those are internal to InoReader. If you registered via social network, you must set your credentials at Preferences -> Profile (in the web version).
  • When you press Login, synchronization should start. The first batch can take a while, after that the application will sync faster.
  • Enjoy InoReader on one of the best reader apps for Android

News+ is amazing.all the features I have been thinking are there.even the opinions during Google reader.I guess making API rock solid is very important.then I will happily pay for inoreader

ssx    2

Apparently it isn't working right. I refreshed my feeds in news+ and the unread counts are all wrong and way lower than they should be. One folder that says I have 1000+ on the website is showing 378 in news+, another 394 is showing as 107. Cleared cache and tried again, the counts are still incorrect.

mrk    0

Podcast feeds aren't appearing correctly.

The same problem happens with The Old Reader in gReader - they don't fetch podcast feeds properly, while Feedly does, allowing gReader's podcast features to work correctly.

Sorry I have missed this post... I know the issue, the enclosures are not exported yet in the API, but I cannot seem to find the expected format for them. When I find it I will add them to the API.

I also have problems with news+.it shows some feeds at the wrong folders.I repeated installing and uninstalling two times and nothing changed.I don't know if it's news or your API

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Sounds strange. Have you tried moving feeds into folders from News+. The App allows you to have one feed in multiple folders, but our backend ignores this and places the feed in the last selected folder only.

Hi jacket I also stop using news+ because of two reasons.first even if I don't change a feed's folder in news, the feeds appears in wrong folders.the second reason is as the friend above mentioned, the two way syncs doesn't work .I marked as read a feed, then open and synced news+.still out is there even after a long time eg 1 day

Hi jacket I also stop using news+ because of two reasons.first even if I don't change a feed's folder in news, the feeds appears in wrong folders.the second reason is as the friend above mentioned, the two way syncs doesn't work .I marked as read a feed in android app of inoreader, then open and synced news+.still it is there even after a long time eg 1 day

There are bugs with two way sync.

1. Synchronise News+ with InoReader.

2. Read all items on the web.

3. Refresh News+. Feeds do not update.

Another case where you add a new subscription thorugh the web and refresh Feed+.

a. The count displayed at both the places is different.

b. Feeds read on News+ do not reflect on the web.

I am new to Inoreader but have been using News+, as well as gReader, for quite a while and was able to install News+ with the Inoreader extension and immediately start to use this app on my Android device to read and interact with Inoreader.

Nothing against the Inoreader app, but Noinion "has it nailed" and I prefer the end user experience using that app to both the Inoreader as well as previously the Feedly developed Android app for accessing Feedly.

I've been using News+ for quite some time now. Today, by navigating on my feeds, i think i found a bug that i don't know if it's caused by Inoreader or News+: missing feed items.

For example, in this feed, this item was missing and wouldn't sync, although it was there on Inoreader web client and the official Inoreader Android app.

So, don't really know. Should this be reported to News+ devs?

Yes, I have News+ and it was my primary Android app for consuming Inoreader content until it started to have an issue with playing podcasts in the February timeframe and I have since transitioned to the Inoreader Android app.  I still have News+ installed and just confirmed that it is still working with Inoreader.

On a separate but related note, I have been attempting to communicate with the developer of News+ (also the same person developing gReader) regarding the podcast issue but for some reason they have seem to have stagnated News+ and have not been responsive to my inquiries so I am not sure what is happening with the app and therefore have transitioned to using the Inoreader app.