Which is your favorite theme?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite theme?

• Modern (any version)
    • Ino Classic
    • Minimal
    • I can't decide, I want more themes

"I can't decide, I want less themes" ;)

They're all the same to me on desktop, I can barely see any worthy difference.

I would expect more visual differences between all the themes.

Maybe full themes too (different color schemes).

Definitely a tooltip describing the theme when hovering over each of the current 11 themes because there are just too many themes, and with no mention of what they do, the only action the user can take is to blindly apply them all one by one to check, which is rather frustrating and painful for people lucky enough to own a pair of eyes. ;)

Themes are not a critical InoReader feature for me though, or at least that many similar themes.

You may want to distinguish between the modern and modern compact themes in your poll answers, it would probably show even a greater preference for minimalistic themes than just the "Minimal" answers suggest.

I fully agree with Chimel.

The major difference I see is that in "minimal", the top right icons of an article are drawn over the edge of the article box.

Maybe you could choose one theme as the default and then pick/make 2 other themes which are as different as possible from the default and remove the rest?

11 themes is not only to much, they're entirely unnecessary if one can't distinguish the differences.

Good luck.

I use minimal but made some minor changes to make it even more "minimal":

Unfortunately, due to the forum policy I cannot post links or images, but here are the changes:

#tree_pane, #reader_pane {    overflow: hidden;}#tree_pane:hover, #reader_pane:hover {    overflow: auto;}#tree_pane::-webkit-scrollbar, #reader_pane::-webkit-scrollbar {    width: 6px;}#tree_pane::-webkit-scrollbar-track, #reader_pane::-webkit-scrollbar-track {    -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 6px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;    border-radius: 5px;}#tree_pane::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb, #reader_pane::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {    -webkit-border-radius: 5px;    border-radius: 5px;    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);    background-image: none;    background-repeat: repeat;    background-attachment: scroll;    background-position: top left;}#subscriptions_buttons {    padding: 1px;    margin-top: -3px;}button {    padding: 1px 3px;}#tree_pane>div>div img {    height: 16px;}.ar {    margin: 0;}.article_title {    margin: 0;    font-size: 1.3em;    font-weight: bold;}

@aquilax, any chance you could make a colorful style that worked for expanded posts?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you choose the minimal theme, the current expanded post has light blue color.

This is what I see with Minimal and your style:

Looks strange. Here's how I see it with my modification:

Posted Image

and without them:

Posted Image

on Linux / Chrome 28 w. Stylebot.

also are you sure the selected InoReader theme is "Minimal"?

Bec    1

I don't mind a lot of choices but wish there were more colors. The blue is just too soft.

I use Modern v.3 as it looks the most similar to what Google Reader looked like years ago. I had an extension on GReader that kept that look! :D

On 7/4/2013 at 6:09 PM, Jacket said:

10x I will try to check it when I find some time, but lately it's nowhere to be found :roll:. I am already being criticized that there are too much themes with too few visual differences, so adding a new one right now is not a very good option. You can try and publish it as a userstyle - http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/inoreader

This is interesting to see. Inoreader seems to have come a long way. I'm not sure if I would have used Inoreader while Google Reader was still around, but I'm really glad to be able to use it now. Will there be more customization options in the future? Thanks!