Sign in to follow this  
joh

Mark as read by feed in Group by Feed view

Yes, when viewing unread articles sorted by feed, it would be very helpful to have a button in the feed title banner to mark as read all items from that feed in the folder/tag.

Cheers,

joh

Hi, I just noticed this reply. Thanks, yes, that is exactly what I would like, however it is not available within tags or active searches, which is why I didn't see it. Can you please add this feature within tag and search "folders"?

(Also when grouped by feed, it only possible to mark above as read, without the mark below as read option that is available otherwise.)

cheers,

joh

Yes, that's right. The thing is that these articles (inside your tags and active searches) might not be from your subscriptions (feeds), also they could be saved pages (they don't have feeds). That's why the grouping by feed works for folders only. 

There is no "mark below" as read since you might have multiple feeds (sorted that way) below. This is implemented intentionally since you might want to see the unread items in the other feeds too (you are using group by feed). 

3 hours ago, wesson said:

The thing is that these articles (inside your tags and active searches) might not be from your subscriptions (feeds), also they could be saved pages (they don't have feeds). That's why the grouping by feed works for folders only.

Grouping by feed does work for tags and searches, it just doesn't have the mark above section as read button. Why not?

3 hours ago, wesson said:

There is no "mark below" as read since you might have multiple feeds (sorted that way) below. This is implemented intentionally since you might want to see the unread items in the other feeds too (you are using group by feed). 

I understand this but it is inconsistent with still having a mark above as read option, since this marks all above as read regardless of feed (when using group by feed). I could paraphrase you: "There is no "mark above" as read since you might have multiple feeds (sorted that way) above. This is implemented intentionally since you might want to see the unread items in the other feeds too (you are using group by feed)." What's the difference? Anyway, for the reason you state, this would not be as useful for me so please add the mark above section as read button to tags and searches! Please!

cheers,

joh