Stagiaire WeLOOP

Rules for contain

Hello everybody,

I have a question about rules if you can help me please :)

If i search an expression like « circular economy ». In some journal, there is these words with capital and lowercase letters.

So, for rules, with contain (contient in french), do i have to put : Circular Economy in first capital letter or just circular economy in first lowercase may be sufficient ?

Because in RSS flux, i can to find economy circular in different form like economy circular, Economy Circular or ECONOMY CIRCULAR in my researches.

If i want to search exact expression, do i have to put " " ? Or this is not useful ?

For now (in screenshot), i put with different types, but it’s very long to do that.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

I hope that you will understand what i saying :)

Have a nice day

help inoreader.PNG

Please note that Rules are not case-sensitive by default so there is no need to add upper and lowercase phrases in order to match them.

Only if you are using regular expressions in conditions, you'll need to define the upper/lower cases. 

About the double quotes wrapping - you can use, "match whole words" at the end of the conditions. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this.  

Hello, 

Thank you for your answer, so if i have understand for contains

- I have just to put circular economy for my rules and the system will find this term in differents types ? 

- There is no usefulness to put " " ?

For regular expression, i only use for regex flags : - g & - i. And also the possibility to testing string that the system contains doesn't have. 

Is the regex system more efficient than the system contains ? 

Will I get more or less results with the regex system that the system contains? 

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Have a nice day

3 hours ago, Stagiaire WeLOOP said:

- I have just to put circular economy for my rules and the system will find this term in differents types ? 

Yes, it'll match the term in different types of the term. 

- There is no usefulness to put " " ?

Yes, there is no need of them. 

Is the regex system more efficient than the system contains ? 

Will I get more or less results with the regex system that the system contains? 

Yes, but it might get pretty complex ;).