Sign in to follow this  
cowkie42

List view: scroll/hover issue

This issue started to appear ~4 weeks ago, it's pretty hard to catch and/or describe it. In some cases if you scroll on the list view, the hover goes wild, acts like there are no expanded article, so the hover effect of the cursor is shifted with the height of the expanded article, which makes the list view unusable. The issue is gone on redraw (refresh or reload of the folder). Finally had some time and caught it on video:

As you can see in the dev tools, the browser thinks the item is closed. As I tried to reproduce the issue I noticed that it only happens if the expanded item's height is lower than the reader panes height (typically lead-only items).

Using Opera 52.0.2871.99, assuming it's the same in Chrome.

Can't simulate similar behavior here... Could you please try in different browser and tell us about the result? Also, are you able to simulate it when you have "Auto scroll" enabled (from Preferences->Behavior)?

1 hour ago, cowkie42 said:

As you can see in the video, this was recorded in Chrome 66.0.3359.139 

Sorry, i didn't watch the video to the end. But despite this I still can't simulate that in any browser (Tested on latest  FF, Chrome, Edge) with, or without "auto scroll". Also are you constantly scrolling when you are clicking on the articles? Are you scroll with the mouse wheel or with the keyboard (it's not clear from the videos). Is it happening with subscriptions tree docked? 

26 minutes ago, wesson said:

Sorry, i didn't watch the video to the end. But despite this I still can't simulate that in any browser (Tested on latest  FF, Chrome, Edge) with, or without "auto scroll". Also are you constantly scrolling when you are clicking on the articles? Are you scroll with the mouse wheel or with the keyboard (it's not clear from the videos). Is it happening with subscriptions tree docked? 

No problem.

In some cases when I expand an item I want to see the next item above, actually compare the titles - so when I open the older one I instantly scroll (with the mouse) up to see both. I think the desync happens when I click and scroll at the same time. Technically my scroll happens while the autoscroll happens. I can reproduce the issue with the left block docked too.

Tbh if it's not a common issue, you should close the topic, I can live with it. Just realized that I don't need a full redraw to fix the hover, pushing escape (closing the item) fixes it.

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm using Win10 and I was updated it a few days ago. The hover issue appeared ~4-5 weeks ago.