maddhin

Compact magazine view or list view with pictures

Hi,

the new magazine view looks like it wastes a lot of space. The new big pictures are somehow nice but there is basically only empty space next to them. The old view was much more compact and helped "visually screening" a good number articles easily. Now is it annoying scrolling and every time "refocusing". For me, this makes a disturbing reading experience.

The old view was actually great! Although having an iPad, I actually prefered to read on the iPhone as it was better and efficient.

The list view would be an alternative but it is a bit to lean without pictures.

I admit, the old app looked a bit outdated but it was functionally very efficient and I would love to go back to the old version. Sorry. I think one of the reasons why people like Inoreader is BECAUSE of this simple, nerdy, efficient reading experience compare to posh blown up news readers which try to make RSS more than what it is. 

OMG, I just see the iPad magazine view... 4 or 5 articles viewable on the "huge" screen? Come on! The list view looks really terrible and the magazine view is a big waste of space :(

Some middle ground would be perfect (if not necessary:-o).

37 minutes ago, maddhin said:

OMG, I just see the iPad magazine view... 4 or 5 articles viewable on the "huge" screen? Come on! The list view looks really terrible and the magazine view is a big waste of space :(

Some middle ground would be perfect (if not necessary:-o).

I actually like how the magazine view looks in my iPad, but I agree that having an option to make the articles biger or smaller somehow would be cool as well!

26 minutes ago, Taimas A said:

I checked this on my iPhone X and got two articles covering the entire screen. Its a bit much if you ask me.

Should be more than that, sure it's not "card view"? Card view is 2(!) articles per page... oh my...