wile_e8

Server Changes?

Has there been a server update that changed the public API? My app, which had been working fine with Inoreader for years, suddenly stopped working over the weekend. I kept getting server read errors when trying to browse through the app as usual, and when I tried to re-login to see if renewing credentials would fix the problem I could no longer login through OAuth. I haven't made any changes to my app for a while, so the sudden appearance of errors seems to indicate something changed on the server side. Was something changed? Did my app get blocked for some reason?

There were some infrastructure changes over this weekend. However we haven't touched anything in the app logic. You will greatly help us if you check what is causing your app to crash? Do you get any response from the API? Do you have the usual headers present in the response? Do you receive http code 200 or something else?

Sorry, haven't gotten much of a chance to debug this yet. I'm using Retrofit, and from what I can tell my request for a token comes back with an error "Expected ':status' header not present". I don't know exactly what is going wrong, but I don't have the time to check into it more tonight. But I know I had the headers working fine before this weekend, so maybe that can give you a hint as to what changes broke my app. 

We have upgraded nginx to the latest version 1.13.8. There seems to be a breaking change in 1.13.6 that's causing Retrofit and OkHttp to throw this error. For OkHttp upgrading to the latest version seems to be fixing the issue. I'm not sure about Retrofit though. Can you try to upgrade it?

Here's the link to the nginx issue - https://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/1397