Jamaar DeBoise

Optimized Tablet Layout

I have been using Inoreader for quite awhile now. I switched form Feedly over to the service because of how powerful it is. However, Feedly still has a better design and handles image heave feeds very well compared to Inoreader. With the introduction of the Pixelbook and Samsung Chromebook Plus and Pro Chroembooks can now run Android apps. Inoreader runs great on this form factor. However, the Inoreader app just looks like a blown up phone app. The best view of image heave feeds is the "Cards" view. Magazine view does not feel like a magazine. It would be great if the Inoreader team could really give Inoreader a full tablet experience layout. What I mean is that views like List view can be dual pane where when you click an article the article list moves to the left side of the screen and the content can be displayed in the right pane (Much the way it's handled on the web site.  

What would also be very nice is if the Magazine view actually handled pages in a more full bleed format. If you look at how the Feedly app handles magazine mode I think that is more pleasing with huge images that maybe display 3-5 articles per page. Then when the user swipes up they get 3-5 more but at least they get a Magazine style experience. Currently the magazine view is nothing but the list view with thumbnails that stretch across the full length of the laptop screen. This experience is not visually appealing and is not a good experience. This experience actually makes me use the "Cards" view which at least takes advantage of the larger display and gives the user a semi-magazine like experience. Overall I think all the views can use an overhaul to take advantage of these larger displays. I feel there is more reason now than ever considering Chromebooks are the number one selling platform for students. It has a huge marketshare and I think this would be valuable for Inoreader to invest time and effort into developing. 

Regards,

Thank you for your extensive feedback and good (overall :)) opinion about service and sorry about the bad experience with the tablet view.

Yes, we completely agree with you and we are already working in this direction. We are planning huge improvements here but still can't give you clear ETA.

As soon as we are ready we'll surely inform you. 

On 11/20/2017 at 3:11 AM, wesson said:

Thank you for your extensive feedback and good (overall :)) opinion about service and sorry about the bad experience with the tablet view.

Yes, we completely agree with you and we are already working in this direction. We are planning huge improvements here but still can't give you clear ETA.

As soon as we are ready we'll surely inform you. 

Thank you for the feedback. I am really looking forward to some type of design overhaul. The current layout is just not effective for modern content consumption.