Martin Rotter

RSS Guard - Inoreader integration plug-in incoming

Hello fellaz. I am Martin Rotter, developer of RSS Guard. I plan to add Inoreader integration. Please, what features would Inoreader users prefer to be included? I plan the plug-in to be simple and I plan to have this supported:

•  ability to get list of tags/folders,
  • ability to get list of feeds within those tags/folders,
  • ability to automatically/manually get new items (messages) for those feeds,
  • ability to mark individual messages read/unread/starred/unstarred.

Is there anything specific and interesting what can be added? What would you like? I also created issue for this. Basically, I just wanted to make this publicly known.

Great news, Martin!

I think the more you can use the Inoreader API, the best it would be!

The ability to create/edit/rename/delete tags would be great and to tag items inside RSS Guard would be great.

I believe it's not a feature you propose in RSS Guard but social sharing would also be great! ar

And I'm not sure to understand if RSS Guard have the ability the "depth" of items archiving (can we decide for example that the items of a feed/folder is archived during n days/weeks/months/years?)

Cheers

Serge

RSS Guard maintains it own database and it can keep once downloaded items forever. So intended functionality (which already works in OwnCloud/TT-RSS plugins) is that you add "your Inoreader account", then you perform the "sync-in" (the step during which RSS Guard downloads newest list of tags/feeds). Then, manually or in automatic intervals, RSS Guard downloads new articles for each of your tags and stores it in its own database, so that you can display/mark/delete/whatever the article later. When RSS Guard performs new "downloading of new articles for feed/tag", it does not delete previous articles from its DB, it only adds new ones and updates existing ones if they are updated in Inoreader source too (like changed "published" datetime, changed heading etc.).

User has option to purge messages from RSS Guard database if he wants to, see screenshot.

Screenshot 2017-09-20 14.39.10.png

Screenshot 2017-09-20 14.40.15.png

3 minutes ago, Martin Rotter said:

Question: Can I get "version of current API" via some API call? E.g. currently published API has some newer version, my app wants to react to this.

At this stage no.  But for sure you'll be informed timely about similar changes. BTW, we will consider about such API method in the future. ;) 

That's great! I just tried to test it however and was greeted with a blank dialog when trying to start the OAuth2 process:

image.png

This is on High Sierra. Let me know if you need further info for my environment.

Yes, DMG file for Mac OS X contains an error which lead to a problem with loading some of Qt libraries - https://github.com/martinrotter/rssguard/issues/147

This must be resolved by someone technically skilled with Mac OS - I do not have one. For temporary solution you can install Qt via homebrew and it should run, let me know if it helps.

The problem is that web-engine Qt libraries are somehow badly bundled in DMG, installing system-wide Qt via homebrew should fix it - read the bug report.