Hi guys,

I'm still a huge fan of the mobile page and never use the app - even on my Android devices.

One thing that annoys me since 2 months (I guess) is a shrunken font size of the articles Title/Source bar (red area of attached screenshot). It's actually so small that its really hard to read for me. 

Might have to do with an Android update? Right now I'm on a Nexus 5X on Android 7.1.1

There seems to be no way to adjust this, It is not affected by either changing Inoreaders mobile preferences or Androids general font size or Chromes font size.

• Inoreader: Menu > Preferences >  Font size
  • Android: Settings > Display > Font size
  • Chrome on Android: Settings > Accessibilty > Text scaling

The lower part - the actual articles content (highlighted green) - is affected by all three of these settings.

Is there any way to make this possible?

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Tobi

Screenshot_20170122-130004.png

Hello, 

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

Unfortunately you can't change that in the "lite" mobile version (inoreader.com/m). But you can do that in the "normal" mobile version (inoreader.com) which appears almost as the normal web but optimized for mobile devises. 

Here is how the articles titles are look like if you change the font size:

Screenshot_20170123-105451.png

Actually the lite version isn't supported anymore and we can't promise anything about similar implementation there.  

Just a comment that I'm also a user of the "lite" mobile version (inoreader.com/m) and use it everywhere (on my phone, tablet and even on my desktop).

While you may not support it anymore, I hope it doesn't mean it will go away just yet.

I would consider using the 'standard' interface (inoreader.com) but I find it does not resize properly when I view Inoreader on my Windows 10 Tablet (10.1") in Portrait Mode using Firefox. The right hand side of the articles pane is 'cut off' and I cannot see it.

You can simulate this by running Firefox, then enabling Tools->Web Developer->Responsive Design Mode (CTRL-SHIFT-M under Linux) and selecting 800x1280 for the screen size.

The attached screen shot shows what I see.

I hope this can be fixed.

Regards,

Kam-Yung

Screenshot - 23012017 - 17:29:37.png

Edited by sohkamyung
Grammar correction

We'll check what could cause this behavior but at first glance it looks like the FF device/resolution detection doesn't work for some reason because in chrome i can't simulate similar behavior. You can test in chrome and see the result. 

Hi wesson,

thank you for the fast reply.
That mobile view I didn't heard of seems promising to me. Might get my daily driver.

Whats the best way to only alter the size of the titles. Is it an Inoreader pref or one of the three font size settings i mentioned above?

Thank you,

Tobi

Hello, 

The option is in the "Preferences" (gearwheel icon) -> "Interface" - Articles contents. 

But please note that the titles font size also affects articles font size. It's the same in the normal web version.

thanks!

one more thing.

i want to open this page in chrome instead of this mobile app thing (to be able to load tabs in the background).

but whenever i add it to my startscreen it links to the app thingy.

any tip on this?

thank you,

tobi

[edit]

one more thing:

after some testing of the font sizes:

it would be really nice to be able to set the title font size without affecting the content.

reason for this is that i have adjusted chromes text size already, but this does not affect the title and results in a really huge content (double scaled) with an just ok title size.

well, these are problems you face with long-sightedness once you hit the 40 ;)

[/edit]

14 hours ago, rassel said:

thanks!

one more thing.

i want to open this page in chrome instead of this mobile app thing (to be able to load tabs in the background).

but whenever i add it to my startscreen it links to the app thingy.

any tip on this?

thank you,

There is an option "request desktop site" in your chrome browser settings which will give you this ability. ;)

14 hours ago, rassel said:

one more thing:

after some testing of the font sizes:

it would be really nice to be able to set the title font size without affecting the content.

reason for this is that i have adjusted chromes text size already, but this does not affect the title and results in a really huge content (double scaled) with an just ok title size.

well, these are problems you face with long-sightedness once you hit the 40 ;)

We completely understand you. Actually there is such option in our android app. It's called "Use larger font size for articles list".

We'll consider similar implementation in our web version, but can't promise anything for now. 

hi wesson,

I still cant manage to get a working link to Inoreader that opens in chrome on my start screen (even when creating it from the desktop version).

but hey, thats not too important.

thanks again!

Best,

Tobi