Sign in to follow this  
ErikAggie

Starred items from unsubscribed feeds not returned in stream call

Ran into what looks like an API bug while testing an app that uses the Inoreader API. Here's the sequence of events:

1. Subscribed to a new feed
  2. Starred a couple of articles for further study
  3. Unsubscribed from the feed

At this point, the Inoreader website continued to show the starred articles, but they were left out of my API calls.

My call was (with app ID and key redacted): https://www.inoreader.com/reader/api/0/stream/contents/?AppId=*****&AppKey=*****&n=20&r=o&ot=0&it=user/-/state/com.google/starred.

When, the next day, I re-subscribed to the feed and re-starred the articles (they weren't marked as starred in the feed view on the Inoreader website, which I found strange), the web version of Inoreader added them to the starred list (as duplicates, from the user's perspective), but my stream call was able to pick them up.

I was able to duplicate the problem, though the 2nd time the Inoreader website re-associated the stars when I re-subscribed.

The feed I used, if you need it, was "MySQL Performance Blog" (www.mysqlperformanceblog.com)

Hello, 

Calling stream/contents without specifying a stream will always return the users's reading list. This is a list of articles from all subscribed feeds. it is just a filter for this list, so it can't include articles from unsubscribed feeds. To view all starred articles use the user/-/state/com.google/starred stream like this https://www.inoreader.com/reader/api/0/stream/contents/user/-/state/com.google/starred