1farakav

persian translation

Persian translation complete, validated and updated to the latest template, see attachment.

I also reviewed the previous translations according to the UI context and fixed some typos.

سلام این فایل ترجمه زبان پارسی است که برای این خوراک خوان بسیار عالی آماده کرده ام.

اگر پیشنهاد یا انتقادی برای ترجمه دارید در همین جا اعلام نمایید.

by 1farakav

Inorreader persian translate.zip

Great, thanks! It is uploaded. One question though. What is the proper way to address the language in the menu? Is it Farsi? I will add you to the credits section in the next release :)

Also is it necessary to reorder the whole application in right-to-left style (subscriptions on the right, etc...) when this language is selected? I can be a bit tedious task, but if it is necessary we will try it.

It should probably have the native "فارسی" in it somewhere to be compatible with the notation you used for Chinese and Japanese. By the way, Cyrillic languages (Russian, Bulgarian and Ukrainian) are missing the parentheses too.

It is probably time to redesign this language list feature:

- The list of languages is not ordered in any way that I can see.

- The list of languages is only partly localized, and "In progress..." and "Testing..." are not localized at all.

It would be great to have a new design that looks more natural and solves these problems.

Some basic globalization principles:

- All language names should be shown in their native script, so someone who does not speak the current InoReader user interface language can recognize and select a proper user interface language that they speak.

- All language names should also include the same language name but translated into the user interface language. This is mostly useful for sorting, so that the sorted list of languages make sense to the user.

A good notation for these two basic principles consists in using the native language name followed by its translation in the current user interface language between parentheses.

The only exception is the language name that matches the user interface language, because the second name would be exactly the same and redundant. For instance, English would show up as a single word "English" to an English-speaking user, but "English (anglais)" to a French user, and French would show up as "Français (French)" to an English user, but just "Français" to a French user. Although using the same name twice does not break anything and make it easier and less risky to code.

The first native language name should not be localizable and should be picked up from a list of local language names such as http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:List_of_language_names_ordered_by_code.

The second language name should be in the user interface language, so it should be exposed to localization.

It is also the language name that should be used for sorting, and Unicode sorting can be used, since all these language names are usually in the same user interface alphabet.

"(In progress...)" and "(In testing...)" should be localizable too, or a different representation used.

Here is a screenshot of all that's wrong in the French list of languages, including the missing translated names:

post-101-1377689150269_thumb.jpg

And welcome to a new localizer, and how fitting it is that Persian was translated while the Perseids meteors were most active!

Some strings come directly from the database and that's why they cannot be translated that easily like the hardcoded ones. The In progress is an example. Languages are defined in the database and that's why there is no need to update the code when new language is implemented, but the problem is that the full string that you see including the In progress in parenthesis is a full string in the database table. That's why you cannot translate the language names and those labels. Of course nothing is impossible, but you know priorities and this doesn't seem like the biggest right now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, thanks! It is uploaded. One question though. What is the proper way to address the language in the menu? Is it Farsi? I will add you to the credits section in the next release :)

Also is it necessary to reorder the whole application in right-to-left style (subscriptions on the right, etc...) when this language is selected? I can be a bit tedious task, but if it is necessary we will try it.

thanks. pleas Replacement in the menu Persian word with پارسی word

RTL style is necesseary for Persian language.

OK, we will work on the RTL GUI support. I will still leave Persian in parenthesis, so it will be پارسی (Persian). Is it OK? Expect your name to appear in the credits section in the next update. Do you want me to put your Email, or website if you have?

Some strings come directly from the database and that's why they cannot be translated that easily like the hardcoded ones. The In progress is an example.

Well, anything that appears in the user interface should be localizable and localized in the user language, that's a basic globalization principle. You can still use a database, as long as you use localized strings, not English-centric ones.

In your case, it means that instead of having an unindexed table with just one "LANGUAGE_NAME" field that contains "سی (Persian, in progress)" shown for all languages, you need to index this table with an extra LOCALE an ORDER field and replicate the entries into as many languages. On the code side, it should change only the SELECT SQL clause, and a separate script to export/import the table'content into a localizable PHP file.

Going from:

LANGUAGE_NAME

English

Français (French)

سی (Persian, in progress)

To:

LOCALE ORDER LANGUAGE_NAME

en 1 English

en 2 Français (French)

en 3 سی (Persian, in progress)

fr 1 Français

fr 2 English (anglais)

fr 3 سی (persan, en cours)

fa 1 (سی (در حال پیشرفت

fa 2 English (انگلیسی)

fa 3 Français (زبان فرانسه)

Note that IETF language codes can be much longer than 2 letters, like pt-BR or pt-PT for Brazilian and Portuguese, and Persian might even include both the region code and the script, in countries where Persian is written in Cyrillic. Use whatever codes PHP or gettext/Poedit support.

Exposing the ORDER and the LANGUAGE_NAME fields to localization even allows for nice tricks such as putting the user interface language systematically on top. It makes it harder to localization every time a new language is added though (breaks the order), so I would suggest adding all priority languages you are targeting (whole list in General Discussion) once for all, maybe with an extra ACTIVE logical field to display it or not.

It won't remove the need for reordering the list entirely, because you might find localization volunteers for languages you did not consider yet.

And nope, I have no idea if the Persian entries are correct, or the RTL order of the first versus the next entries, they are just for illustration purpose.

I get that, but you can calculate the overhead on the team right now if we want to do this... 20 languages will need 400 records and this is stuff that is harder to crowd source like exchanging PO files. It sounds right, but not at the moment, you know...

Also I know about custom ordering and it is implemented in the database and application. We can reorder languages right now without the need of an update, just like you can reorder your "Send to" buttons.

Hi

1. This is the first update for the Persian language. Please replace it with an earlier version of the translation file.

This version has been translated into a number of other string for Persian language.

2. OK. "پارسی(Persian, in progress)" is better word for use

3. my website is 1farakav and for Send feedback to me, use Contact Me page

hi

1- New version is available for پارسی language:
In this version,
for user to be comfortable a number of translations have been replaced and updated.

2- rtl style is Necessary:

Right-to-left style is required. Many users like and suggest the rtl style for the Persian language

Hi, did you forgot to attach the file? The latest attachment is from September 1st and it is uploaded.

Also we are almost finished with full RTL adaptation of the GUI. Do you want to try it in the beta when it is ready (I think tomorrow) and tell us if there are issues with it?

Hi, did you forgot to attach the file? The latest attachment is from September 1st and it is uploaded.

Also we are almost finished with full RTL adaptation of the GUI. Do you want to try it in the beta when it is ready (I think tomorrow) and tell us if there are issues with it?

the new language file for Persian language is the 12 post .

Please apply the new language file.

The new language file is applied and also the above GUI errors should be fixed.

Thank you very much both for the translations and for the testing. If you spot errors in the orientation of elements, please tell us again.

Thanks to you guys for both the Persian translation and the RTL effort.

It looks so great that I want to learn Farsi!  ;)

The Subscriptions screen from the toolbar seems to be half done, the icons are still on the right:

post-48-0-15586900-1378922311_thumb.jpg

Shouldn't the Tree pane be on the right too for an ultimate RTL look? Just wondering if it feels natural to have it on the left for a RTL language, not actually requesting a change.

Thanks to you guys for both the Persian translation and the RTL effort.

It looks so great that I want to learn Farsi!  ;)

The Subscriptions screen from the toolbar seems to be half done, the icons are still on the right:

attachicon.gifsubs.jpg

Shouldn't the Tree pane be on the right too for an ultimate RTL look? Just wondering if it feels natural to have it on the left for a RTL language, not actually requesting a change.

That right. This is an error and need for RTL style. should the tree pane and icon's left to right.

Persian language is delicious. :)