KNTRO

Some strings that need to be reviewed (I think)

Hello,

There are some stings that need to be reviewed, in my opinion.

• 295812: Is it intend or intent?
  • 292910: The singular string just says hour, and not %s hour as I've seen in others singular strings.
  • 293168: Is it actual or current?
  • 293823, 293824 & 293825: these strings are related to YouTube's RSS feeds. They say YT no longer supports them. But that's not true.
  • 294148: Release to open website. Should it be Release to open webpage instead?

Thanks for reading.

19 hours ago, KNTRO said:

295812: Is it intend or intent?

Its Intend. 

292910: The singular string just says hour, and not %s hour as I've seen in others singular strings

It should be "hour" (less than 1 hour for example) for singular.

293168: Is it actual or current?

Its actual. Your actual unread count might be more than 5000 for example but you can see only 1000+ (for basic users).

293823, 293824 & 293825: these strings are related to YouTube's RSS feeds. They say YT no longer supports them. But that's not true.

They are old strings and they are not exposed in the UI. But having in mind this, we might need them in the future ;)

294148: Release to open website. Should it be Release to open webpage instead?

It might be webpage instead, its the same. But we prefer to leave it that way because if we change it, all translators need to translate it again despite they already did that.

Regards

Hello again!

I'd like to ask about 2 more strings:

• 294464: I think it's not "Microsoft Live account" any more, but just "Microsoft account", isn't it?
  • 294672: I think chronological order and by oldest first is the same thing. So, I guess this string needs to be rewritten

@wessonCould you check them and confirm them, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello, 

First of all sorry about the delayed response. 

We'll consider your suggestion about the Microsoft account but this means that we need to push the new string (with all words inside it) on all languages for translation again. I'm afraid that many translators (which already translated this sentence) won't like it. So we are pretty unsure about this change now ;)

About the second. 

"chronological" should mean "Newest first" not oldest first. :)

Once again, sorry about the delay. 

wesson,

Hello. Thank you so much for your reply. Don't worry about delay — We're all busy nowadays. ;-)

Oh, so the word chronological has a different sense in English, as in Spanish it means "from oldest to newest", as in a timeline. Thanks for this headsup‼

Best regards.