Xavier Balliet (Baloo)

Jump directly to next flux

10 posts in this topic

Hello there !

After reading an elogious review from Cafeine on GeekZone, I've decided to try InoReader (I used Feedly till then)

I must say that the result is very good, it does quite the same as Feedly (for me), but a little better (in term of fluidity and ergonomy)

Right now, the only thing that I miss, coming from Feedly, is the following feature : in the Android app, when you are on the last element of a flux and you swipe to the next, it gives you the choice to go to the next flux and if you opt for it, it directly opens the first element of it (instead of coming back two times to the main menu and go down to the next flux)

Does this behaviour already exist or would it be possible to implement it ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any answer !  :)

Xavier

Hello, 

Thank you for the good opinion about our app and welcome aboard! 

We have similar feature called "Advance on Mark all as read" which will automatically advance to the next unread section when you are using the Mark all as read option.

You can find it in settings -> Interface.

Thanks a lot for your answer, I have this option checked in fact, but that's not quite what I'm looking for... because I'm not using the "Mark all as read" option, only swiping in one flux or one group of flux and wanting to go to the next one at the end of my swiping (for now, it just stays on the last element)

Am I missing something somewhere ?

No, unfortunately we don't have such option because articles list structure is different than feedly.

But I think you can easily achieve that just by using the mark all as read button as trigger when you end up your reading in the current section. You may have already read all articles manually before that but taping it will move you forward to the next unread section without need of any additional iteration with the tree pane.

OK, I've given that a try and still not exactly what I expected : the "Mark all as read" floating button is there on the flux, but not on its elements, so when I get to the last element, I still have to go back to the flux to hit the button and go to the next flux...  :)

But nevermind, it's not a big problem after all.

Thanks for your answers !  :D

Is there a similar "advance on mark all as read" feature on the desktop app? I cannot find it in the interface section of settings.

13 hours ago, moku said:

Is there a similar "advance on mark all as read" feature on the desktop app? I cannot find it in the interface section of settings.

Yes, there is such option in the web version too. Its a pretty hidden I admit.

Just click on the "Mark all as read" drop-down menu and check the "Advance to next unread section".

go to next unread section.png

Thank you, wesson. That is very helpful, and it makes Inoreader even easier to use. I'm a recent convert from Feedly, and my impression so far is that Inoreader is a far superior RSS reader!

wesson likes this

Wesson, is there supposed to be an "advance on mark all as read" option in the iOS app? I do not see it in settings/interface. I have version 5.3 build 5522.

Yes, just go to the application settings -> Miscellaneous - Mark all as read behavior.